How a weekly review has improved my productivity
What if I told you that you could increase your productivity by spending only 30 minutes filling out a weekly review?
Imagine having a system in place where every week you could track your growth and setbacks.
One thing that I look forward to every week is sitting down at my desk with a cup of coffee and filling out my weekly review. (So lame, I know) But this 30-minute ritual has been a game changer for me!
This simple habit has helped me develop a clear vision of the direction I’m heading and has made me self-aware of the areas I need to work on.
About six months ago I started to fill out a quick review at the end of each day. It was really simple and I would ask myself these two main questions:
“What were my wins today?”
“What can I do better tomorrow?”
But I found that it just wasn’t realistic filling that out every single day.
By doing a weekly review I have been able to track a lot more areas of my life, and it’s given me the opportunity to step back and take a look at specific areas based on my entire week.
Here are some of the things I like to track. I’d encourage you to think through and come up with a list the best works for you! I’m always tweaking mine!
1. Growth: What am I learning this week? What blogs/podcasts have challenged me?
2. Productivity: How productive have I been this week? How can I improve?
3. Spiritual: How is my relationship with Jesus this week? Have I been intentional with my time with Him?
4. Lifestyle: How am I doing in my health and fitness? How am I balancing work and personal life? Have I been present?
5. Work: How has my performance been at work? How can I go the extra mile?
6. Habits: What habits in my life have I become self-aware of that I can change? What habits do I need to develop?
7. Goals: How are my everyday decisions pushing me closer to my long-term goals?
I’ve created a template that you can save to your Evernote to give you a jump start into starting a weekly review: You can edit and change whatever you like and make it customizable for you!
Thanks for taking the time to read! I hope this changes your life as much as it has mine!